Auto, Trucking, Motorcycle Lawyers New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia
It is important to take certain precautions if you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in order to ensure the safety of the individuals involved, to maximize your chances of obtaining financial compensation, and, in some cases, to protect yourself from future prosecution. An auto accident can be extremely stressful and emotional, but it is important to maintain a state of calm so you can rationally assess the situation and take appropriate action. Taking appropriate measures after a car accident can greatly improve your ability to obtain compensation from insurance companies and civil litigation if necessary. If you have been injured or a loved one has suffered a wrongful death in a car accident, Locks Law can help. With offices in New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, our auto, trucking, and motorcycle accident lawyers can help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation.
What to Do After an Auto Accident
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to take the following steps. By limiting what you admit to and contacting the appropriate authorities, you afford yourself a much greater opportunity of obtaining compensation for any damages you may have incurred.
- Stay calm. Warn others drivers by turning on your hazard lights.
- Check on the health of everyone involved. If anyone requires immediate medical attention, call an ambulance.
- Exchange information with all involved parties. Obtain information including names, addresses, driver license information, and insurance policy information.
- The law typically differs from state-to-state, but it is usually prudent to contact local law enforcement to have a police report filed.
- It is important to never sign an admission of guilt, or to verbally assume guilt before you have received professional legal advice. Responsibility for an accident may be determined by the police or an insurance carrier, but if you disagree with that assessment, you may want to contact a lawyer.
- Once you have spoken with a police officer and exchanged pertinent information, you usually can leave the accident scene.
- Contact your insurance company and if you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another, you should contact an auto accident attorney to assure that you are adequately represented and apprised of your rights.
- If you have a camera in your cell phone on in the car it may be advisable to photograph the scene before the vehicles are moved if you are capable of doing so.
If you undertake these steps, but are unable to recover just and fair compensation for damages, our offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey can help. Contact our auto, trucking, and motorcycle accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. We can review your case and help you obtain a beneficial case resolution.
Back to top
Do I Have a Case?
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, you may be eligible to obtain compensation for medical costs, loss of wages, and pain and suffering. The types of damages recoverable are significantly affected by the automobile insurance laws in each state. The experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Locks Law can review your accident claim free of charge and determine the best way to proceed with your case. If we determine that your accident was the result of the negligent and reckless actions of another party, it may be possible to hold the liable parties responsible for the damage they have caused. Contact Locks Law to schedule a free consultation with one of our motorcycle, trucking, or auto accident lawyers if you have further questions about case eligibility.
Back to top
Contact Our Auto, Trucking, and Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you have additional questions on what to do after an auto accident or you would like to schedule a free consultation, contact our personal injury lawyers today. Our New York, New Jersey, or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based auto, trucking, and motorcycle lawyers have obtained significant verdicts and settlements for past clients, and would be happy to help with your case.
Back to top
If you have been involved in an auto accident, the New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania auto, trucking, and motorcycle lawyers from Locks Law can help you obtain financial compensation. Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.